If your company or agency has employment opportunities for
geologists or hydrogeologists in the Long Island, New York Metropolitan
area send your ad to the LIAPG webmaster
as an attached text,Word, pdf, or html file. It will be posted on the
Long Island Geologists web site. Or, you can send us a link to your
Primary Focus: Supports the management and administration of the groundwater sampling/ remediation system O&M program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but not limited to the following:
- Maintain the overall program schedule.
- Receives schedule requests from client and updates schedule accordingly.
- Plans monthly schedule with senior personnel.
- Act as main point of contact for field technicians.
- Assists Technicians with vehicle, equipment, health and safety needs.
- Maintains vacation schedule.
- Responsible for daily data submission and invoice preparation.
- Performs QA/QC on the data submitted by Technicians. Analyzes and compares to previous data.
- Transpose field parameters into specific client format and submit to client.
- Review job tickets for accuracy and potential out of contract opportunities.
- Performs H&S Audits on Technicians in the field.
- Responsible for all program data storage (i.e on the server or cloud).
- Education or work experience in the environmental field (Not asbestos and lead paint).
- Remediation system installation or O&M experience is desired, but not required.
- Familiar with current data storage technology, such as clouds and mobile data.
- Experience with direct client/customer contact.
- Experience with Health and Safety Monitoring.
MES offers a competitive benefits package, including major medical and prescription plan, dental, Aflac, paid registration, licenses and exam fees, 401(k) with employer match and PTO, including, sick, vacation and holiday pay.
To apply, please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 631-393-6656
P.W. Grosser Consulting is a young, energetic, talented team of diverse professionals committed to our client’s project goals. PWGC has over 25 years of experience in Environmental and Engineering Project Management for clients in Government, Commerce, Industry, Private/Public Sector. Planning, Design, or Redevelopment, PWGC solutions are economical, flexible, on time, and within budget. What sets up apart is our customized approach and excellent rapport with regulatory agencies.
Field Hydrogeologist / Environmental Scientist
- Develop an understanding of sampling techniques for multiple media (air, water, soil)
- Sample in accordance with appropriate protocols and project plans
- Develop writing skills
- Document sample locations and methods, report deviations from plans
- Prepare report tables and figures in accordance with project objective
- Assist with review and approving subcontractor invoices
- Assist with invoice preparation
- Networking internally and externally
- Continually improve existing methods and procedures at experience level
- Communicate skills to immediate manager as they are obtained
- Communicate findings of field investigation’s and issues to immediate manager timely
- Follow QA/QC guidelines
Bachelors of Science, Geology, Hydrogeology, Environmental Science/Studies or related science.
Must be able to perform field work
Minimum zero – three years’ experience OR Science Technology Degree from an ABET program
Required Certifications / Licensure:
HAZWOPER, Respirator Medical Clearance
Knowledge / Skills:
Effective technical writing skills. GIS a plus. Travel required, lifting up to 50 lbs. Strong ability to effectively communicate technical information to all types of people, both verbally and in writing; multitask and coordinate confusing and often conflicting priorities; strong communication, decision-making, analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills. Contractor oversight and organizational skills.
- 100% paid healthcare: medical, dental, hospitalization, RX, life insurance
- AFLAC / LegalShield / Additional Life Insurance
- Employer Down-Payment Assisted Housing Program
- Career Path Flexibility / Advancement
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company Paid registration / examination fees for professional licenses
- Paid time-off benefits, 18 PTO days plus 10 holidays your first year!
- Flexible atmosphere
To apply, please go to the PWGC Careers page for more information or to apply.
Copyright 2015: Long Island Association of Professional Geologists. Questions / Comments about this web page should be directed to email@example.com.